Kenn Gividen: Facebook blocks Carol Swain's account because....

Kenn Gividen

DAILYKENN.com -- The Facebook account of conservative Christian intellectual Carol Swain was blocked.

An automated message informed the black college professor her account was suspended due to abusive content.

A left-wing hate group at Vanderbilt University where Swain is a professor is actively attempting to have her suspended for “discriminatory practices in the classroom.”

Swain's account was restored with an apology from Facebook. Apparently the Facebook thought police were unaware of Swain's national stature and influence.

Read more here ►

Prof. Swain's response ►



Click on image to share on Facebook




“What troubles about me about all of this is that Facebook is such a huge forum. Some of my posts were reaching over 400,000 people. I was reaching people and hopefully being able to connect with people around the world,” Swain says.

She has been blocked by Facebook since late Wednesday morning, Swain says. “When I tried to post on my Facebook page I got the box on the page saying I was unable to post to do abusive content.”

“It’s the automatic message that pops up. It seems to be related to complaints that someone has filed that I’m putting content on my page that violates community norms. I think it’s already to the students that have been circulating that petition against me,” she adds.

As of the publication of this story, Professor Swain’s account remains blocked by Facebook

“I’m being suspended by Facebook because a bunch of Vanderbilt students have complained I posted information they don’t like,” Swain notes.

A group of Vanderbilt students have circulated a petition that calls on Vanderbilt University to suspend Swain for “unprofessional intimidation on social media.” The petition also alleges Swain engages in “discriminatory practices in the classroom.”

“Facebook has joined in with the people that are uncomfortable with ideas that are contrary to their own. These posts are not hate speech. I’ve posted other people’s articles that were supportive of traditional Judeo-Christian views,” Swain tells Breitbart News.

“There is nothing that would justify Facebook blocking my page. Before they blocked me, they started preventing my followers from sharing articles,” she adds.







Source ►
Image credit: breitbart.com